Rotary Club of Placentia
The mission of Rotary is to provide service to others, promote integrity, and advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace through its friendships of business, professional, and community leaders.
Rotary is the world’s first service club organization, with more than 1.2 million members in 33,000 clubs worldwide. Rotary club members are volunteers who work locally, regionally, and internationally to combat hunger, improve health and sanitation, provide education and job training, promote peace, and eradicate polio.
Rotary Club of Placentia's local activities include:
• Free dental clinic for underserved children and families living in Placentia
• Scholarships for high school students at El Dorado, Valencia and El Camino Real High Schools
• Support to HIS House OC (Homeless Intervention and Shelter House) a transitional living center for families and couples to regain self-sufficiency through training and support
• Supporting the Placentia Library Literacy Program
• Providing Leadership Training Camp for high school students
• Sponsoring youth Rotary activities through the Interact Clubs at Valencia and El Dorado High Schools, as well as the community Interact Club
• Sponsoring the Easter EggCitement egg hunt
• Providing pancake breakfasts at Placentia Heritage Days & Love Placentia events
• Participant in the National Night Out for local police, fire and emergency services
• Sponsoring the Miss Placentia Scholarship Program and providing ethics scholarship
• Supporter of local organizations such as Meals on Wheels, Lot 318, the REACH foundation, and many more